Beth Torah Congregation serves the spiritual, communal, and educational needs of more than 500 families with warmth and vibrancy. We are currently seeking a part-time Bookkeeper who is experienced with nonprofit bookkeeping and accounting principles. This is a permanent position that is 20 hours per week.
This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Bookkeeper manages:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit card payments
- Banking and receipting
- Purchase orders
The Bookkeeper issues:
- Account statements
- Tax receipts
- Monthly reports
- Reports as needed
The Bookkeeper assists the Managing Director with:
- Yearly audit
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Duties and tasks as required
Qualifications for the position:
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Responsible and extremely reliable
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with nonprofit accounting preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and communication skills
If you would like to apply for this part time position, please send a cover letter and a current resume (stating salary expectations) to: email@example.com
The interview process will commence immediately with qualified candidates.
No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.