Canadian Young Judaea is Canada’s premier pluralistic Jewish youth movement. Established in 1917, we have served our community with pride for over 100 years offering youth and teen programming that seeks to broaden each child’s Jewish identity, connection to Israel, and develop their leadership and critical thinking skills.
In the last decade, CYJ has sought to provide an environment where each and every youth, no matter their gender identity, sexuality, financial situation, and political affiliation, can learn that they have a voice and have the power to make a difference. As such, CYJ is looking for a committed and enthusiastic leader to help nurture and develop Camp Lev, Canada’s first and only Jewish LGBTQ+ summer camp and community institution.
As Coordinator for Camp Lev, you will work with the senior staff team of the camp to build our camper community, build relationships with our stakeholders (families) and enhance both our year-long and summer program. Since Lev is such a special and unique community it is important for you to feel comfortable networking within the Jewish community to ensure people are aware of our work and are able to access our programs. Working for Lev is all about the community and its needs. As many of our families need financial help, fundraising is key to our program, so you’ll be working with the team to fundraise and apply for grants to ensure that we do not have to refuse any child.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing camper files
- Coordinating educational and social programs throughout the year and summer
- Communicating with parents to help build and maintain a trusting relationship
- Helping in the fundraising efforts
- Streamlining administrative process to ensure organization and consistency
What you bring:
- A positive attitude and willingness to step out of your comfort zone
- Experience, compassion and/or a deep understanding of the LGBTQ+ community
- Understanding and experience within the Jewish community
- Some administrative experience
- Experience as a camp counsellor, or educator
- Love and empathy for children
- Availability to be at camp for 10 days in the summer
- Ability to clearly communicate to all ages
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
If you think that you’d be a great fit for this role, then please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to Risa Epstein, National Executive Director: email@example.com
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021