The JCC’s Vision & Purpose:
At our core, we believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub that is welcoming to all and based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel.
What We Do:
From daycare to seniors' programs, fitness to recreation, Jewish learning to holiday celebrations, and everything in between, the J provides life-changing programs infused with Jewish values that inspire and enrich our members and provide a best-in-class experience. Visual Arts is one of our many meaningful engagement opportunities. The Visual Arts Drawing and Painting Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and instructing visual art programs for a variety of ages.
The Right Children’s Visual Arts Drawing and Painting Instructor:
The Prosserman JCC and Schwartz /Reisman Centre is looking for a children’s visual art instructor with demonstrated credentials and experience to teach Drawing and Painting for three age groups: 5-7, 8-11, and 12-16 years. At your core, you're a creative artist and educator with a strong flair for teaching and inspiring children to explore and develop their artistic talents. Knowledge or interest in Jewish culture, traditions, and a connection to Israel are evident in your passionate and friendly interactions.
- Plan dynamic lessons and select appropriate curriculum for the age group of the participants with clear learning outcomes;
- Project and promote a professional image;
- Ensure proper health and safety measures are followed;
- Maintain accurate registration, attendance records and payroll sheets;
- Organize all equipment and supplies needed for program;
- Explain and enforce community centre regulations, policies, and procedures to participants;
- Demonstrate enthusiastic and positive energy to participants;
- Communicate effectively with parents and participants;
- Foster a positive, friendly and inclusive environment to all participants and help build community;
- Promote other JCC programs.
How to Apply:
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and well qualified for this exciting career opportunity with the JCC please submit your resume in confidence via e-mail no later than July 31st, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a link to some teaching pieces in your portfolio you are most proud of. Please also include your hours of work availability.
We appreciate your application however we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.