JIAS Toronto is a charitable organization dedicated to the welcome, settlement, and integration of new immigrants and refugees in the Greater Toronto Area. JIAS Toronto supports newcomers through case management, referrals to a wide variety of community and government agencies, workshops and programs to support integration, and formal and informal language learning programs. We work to advance the well being and social integration of all newcomers by providing a range of services and programs. We are currently seeking a Finance Manager reporting to the Executive Director.
Are you a seasoned manager with experience in financial reporting and analysis? The Finance Manager will oversee all of JIAS’s financial systems, preparation, and analysis of all period financial statements and reports. In addition to managing staff, the incumbent will also work with other agencies on collaborative endeavors and report to stakeholders.
- Manages the financial planning, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- Manages and oversees the full accounting cycle for the Agency. This includes all activities such as general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, fundraising activities, etc.
- Oversees the month-end and year -end accounting cycles ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of financial information in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and submits periodic financial reports and statistics to funders and donors to ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with program budgets throughout the funding period.
- Develops, monitors and oversees the production of the Agency’s budgets, expenditures and financial reports.
- Prepares, recommends and administers annual and periodic operating budgets.
- Develops policies, procedures and systems that govern financial and corporate administrative services.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Accounting staff
- Approve major repairs to Agency buildings, facilities and other equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the annual budget and forecasts for programs and departments, including distribution of budget templates, guidelines and schedules to managers; compilation and analysis of information for senior management etc.
- Monitors and updates budget and forecasts information in financial systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field combined with a recognized accounting designation
- Minimum of 5 years accounting and finance experience at management level, not-for-profit expertise an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of Ministry and IRCC funding and reporting criteria an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, concepts and best practices.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and present complex financial reports, statements, to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- High level of transparency with the ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative and confidentiality.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish Community of tomorrow. JIAS Toronto is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about JIAS Toronto, please visit: www.jiastoronto.org.