Do you take pride in your ability to create conceptual visuals based on requirements, creating compelling visuals and layouts that work across various media? Do you have a passion for design and truly get joy from bringing ideas to life? Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a Graphic Designer to be part of a dynamic creative team to design and produce print and digital projects while keeping best practices and brand guidelines. The ideal candidate will be expected to collaborate with Senior Designers, Writers, Project Managers, and other key players.
Reporting to the Director of Design & Production, the Graphic Designer will produce engaging visual content, both print and digital, to support all functions across the organization. This includes but is not limited to web, digital and print reports/proposals, direct mail, social, email, and more! The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with UJA’s audience.
- Conceptualize and execute design work across ALL touchpoints, including digital (site, email, social) and print (proposals, event materials, collateral, OOH, etc.)
- Work closely with the content team to develop campaigns that resonate with target audience and deliver on goals (fundraising, participation, education, etc.)
- Help to build the visual consistency of our brand across channels
- Take initiative to elevate creative assets to their full potential (e.g. animated gifs, responsive design for web)
- Keep track of and stay on top of project deadlines and deliverables; use Asana to manage projects/tasks and communicate status updates
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as Graphic Designer
- Technical expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, and other programs as necessary). Motion graphics (e.g. Premier, After Effects) is a huge plus.
- A demonstrated design ability as proven by a solid portfolio
- Excellent design and typography skills as well as file preparation to production
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with consistency and exemplary attention to detail
- Experience reviewing print proofs and samples
- Strong layout skills, organizational abilities, and excellent file-categorizing ability to ensure artwork is production-ready and projects are completed on time
- Expertise in print and digital production, typesetting, file packaging, project management, printers, color editing, and photo editing
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Experience in Stripo and Campaign Monitor is an asset
- Video editing and animation is an asset
Classification: Union Position, Level D. Full-Time, Permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits.
** Our workplace is located near Bathurst & Sheppard, however, due to COVID-19 constraints all employees are working remotely (on a temporary basis).
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and link to your portfolio quoting REF# GRD-MAR-560 no later than July 27 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please no follow-up phone calls and/or emails All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.