Maternity Leave Contract
The Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto is seeking an energetic, forward thinking experienced leader who will work as part of a team to support an ambitious fundraising agenda with a focus on planned gifts.
Established in 1938, the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto is a community foundation that enables individuals and families to fulfill their personal philanthropic goals and translate their charitable vision into solutions to some of the community’s most pressing needs. Our mission is to create long term resources to meet the challenges and needs of the Jewish community.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Philanthropy & Planned Giving & Endowments, the Interim Director will work with the team toward the expansion and growth of the Jewish Foundation. S/he will steward existing and new donors with their grants and work with committees and volunteers to collaborate in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new and existing donors.
Legacy and Planned Gifts
The Interim Director will be responsible for executing and enhancing the Jewish Foundation strategic plan with respect to planned gifts especially those legacy gifts in support of United Jewish Appeal. S/he will also assist with the current Jewish Foundation initiative related to the Life & Legacy Program which promotes after-lifetime giving to build endowments that will provide financial stability to Jewish day schools in Toronto.
Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) and Lion of Judah Endowment (LOJE) Program
The Interim Director will be responsible for overseeing the activities of PAC and the women’s LOJE program as a one-year maternity cover. S/he will be responsible for planning and executing meetings, events and the professional seminars, as well as working with the subcommittee
Qualifications & Key Competencies
- A university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in endowment and planned giving fundraising with a successful track record of soliciting and closing endowment and planned gifts or experience in business development, finance, insurance or estate planning roles
- Results oriented with high standards for personal and team performance
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Confident and mature with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience in working with volunteer committees and in supporting senior level volunteers
- Excellent organizational and time management capabilities
- Strong customer service-oriented approach complemented by high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, traditions, the Jewish community, and the Federation and Jewish Foundation field
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with standard computer programs
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- CFRE certification and/or experience in the fundraising and development field an asset
Classification: Maternity Leave Contract (approx. 12 months).
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, quoting REF# DPG-FND-505 no later than January 24, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of references and background checks and a Police Records Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.