Netivot HaTorah, a dynamic Modern Orthodox day school, is looking for Teachers to join our dedicated team of faculty and administrators to guide, support and inspire students, teachers and parents. Our well-rounded, rigorous, dual curriculum program serves over 600 students in Pre-Nursery through Grade 8, delivering an outstanding Jewish and General studies education.
We seek an intelligent, thoughtful, and passionate educator who loves working with children, a team player who is prepared to model and promote spiritual, academic, and social/emotional growth.
The Jewish Studies teacher will report to the Vice Principal, and be responsible for supporting the diverse learning needs of our student community.
The ideal candidate for the position of Jewish Studies Teacher will:
- Embrace the mission, vision and community of Netivot HaTorah;
- Guide, observe and assist classroom teachers with instructional techniques and practices that will improve learning for all students;
- Create lessons and curricula tailored to meet a range of student interests and plan further action based on related proficiencies;
- Implement and monitor Individual Education Plans (IEPs);
- Work together with our team of teachers to create lesson and unit plans that are tailored to meet the needs of a variety of students.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Education with teacher college certification or equivalent
- Proficient in speaking Hebrew
- Familiar with the study of Chumash and commentary
- Familiar with current technology and assessment methods
- Knowledge of current thought and practice in child development
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Being a member of a school community who connects with students, parents, and faculty with ease and sincerity
- Has a decision-making style that balances input, collaboration, and decisiveness and who approaches difficult conversations with directness and kindness
- Deeply knowledgeable about best practices in teaching and learning
Interested applicants are asked to email their cover letter and resume to Ariella Goldstein, Vice Principal: email@example.com