The Leadership Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of donors to support UJA Federation’s Annual Campaign, the Jewish Foundation and related campaigns and programs. This position will also focus on strategically deepening donor engagement with UJA where possible, by making donors aware of specific funding opportunities that align with their philanthropic interests.
Reports to: Senior VP, Integrated Development
- Oversee portfolio of 150-200 donors and prospects.
- Participate in each step of the donor development cycle including: identification, qualification through research (where necessary), cultivation, briefing volunteers, asking for and closing gifts, and prompt follow-up, stewardship, and recognition.
- Strategically organize donor portfolio and develop individual donor strategies to renew and increase gifts.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to provide donors with the information and motivation required to optimize giving.
- Partner with lay leaders to develop and implement donor strategies.
- Enter all donor interactions and ensure accurate, up-to-date records in Salesforce.
- Participate in departmental meetings maintain an organized system for donor stewardship by updating donor records and collaborating with colleagues as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior VP, Integrated Development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Ability to set goals and oversee execution.
- Critical thinking skills and good judgement.
- High level of discretion and an ethical approach to fundraising.
- Experience motivating and managing high-profile lay people (volunteers).
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines and complete multiple tasks while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate UJA’s Case for Giving.
- Resilience and the ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer skills, as required. Experience working with Salesforce is an asset.
- Passion for UJA Federation’s mission to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer, and professional leadership.
Classification: Full-time, Permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
** Our workplace is located near Bathurst & Sheppard, however, due to COVID-19 constraints all employees are working remotely (on a temporary basis).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# LGO-CAM-550 no later than July 28 to: email@example.com
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.