Beth David B’nai Israel Beth Am is an Egalitarian Conservative synagogue located near Bathurst & Sheppard, in the heart of Toronto’s thriving Jewish community. Our exceptional clergy lead meaningful daily, Shabbat and holiday services and we offer a wide range of excellent programming for all ages.
We are very excited to be hiring a full-time Programming & Communications Manager. In this new, senior role, you’ll embody our welcoming culture by working closely with our many dedicated volunteers, our clergy and other professionals to: plan, coordinate, promote, deliver and follow-up Beth David’s ritual, cultural, social, educational, and community service programs and special events; to lead outreach to Members to raise awareness of and to encourage involvement in Beth David; and to help advance our community’s vision of engagement and growth.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to our Executive Director, you’ll:
- Strategize and collaborate with volunteers, Clergy, administrators and lay leadership in the smooth organization, coordination and delivery of all our programming, including feedback and follow-up
- Pursue programming collaboration opportunities for Beth David in the Toronto Jewish community
- Work with our Communications Committee to improve Beth David’s communications strategy and tactics, while ensuring compliance with our branding guidelines
- Prepare, manage and coordinate communications materials promoting Beth David’s services, programs and fundraising, including website content, social media, advertising, calendars, flyers, and weekly newsletter
- Hire and supervise a part-time Youth Program Lead who, in turn will manage our youth and teen Shabbat morning and holiday programs, and our Yedidim, Kadima, USY and Shinshinim programs, and will support our Ritual Director in the delivery of our Hebrew School and B’nai Mitzvah programs
- Coordinate and participate in outreach to the Beth David community to improve engagement
What qualifications do I need?
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of Jewish traditions, holidays and rituals
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing, implementing, and managing cultural and/or educational programs for families, teens, children, 20s/30s, adults and seniors
- A minimum of 3 years of experience (can be concurrent) managing communications for an organization, including website, advertising, media and social media (posting, polling, analytics, etc.)
- College or University degree or training in a relevant discipline, e.g. marketing, recreation, programming, communications, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with digital marketing technology
- Effective organizational skills in managing scheduling, planning, program logistics, and publicity
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with volunteers, colleagues and the community
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage time independently and to work with minimal supervision
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Proficient computer skills; experience with ShulCloud or similar management tools will be an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ian Borer, Beth David’s Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.