Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Toronto (onsite)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and antisemitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, social justice and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education.
FSWC seeks an experienced and motivated individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Programs Lead will be responsible for creating and leading innovative and inspiring programming to engage and grow our footprint across Canada.
This role is based in our North Toronto office. We follow all necessary COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of our team.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the promotion, implementation, and evaluation of our outreach programs, ensuring alignment with FSWC strategy
- Design from concept to execution innovative programs that provide meaningful, authentic opportunities to confront hatred and intolerance
- Create engaging and stimulating programs and opportunities, with a particular focus on university students and young professionals
- Collect, record and present program statistical information and program performance indicators to share in with key stakeholders
- Seek out and develop new partnership opportunities to continue the important work of the organization
- Represent FSWC and network actively with stakeholders, staying abreast of the work of other organizations, government initiatives and policies, and actively participate in key events, workshops, and forums
You are someone who will:
- A knowledge and understanding of the fight against hate, discrimination and antisemitism and the protection and advancement of human rights nationally and globally.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating complex service contracts with public, private and community organizations and developing business plans.
- Superior relationship-building and communication skills ensuring the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Self-motivated and decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong organizational, assessment and time management skills; including budgetary experience, accountability, and reliability; and the ability to work effectively and independently under the pressure of tight timelines, competing priorities and emergent issues.
What you bring:
- +5 years of experience using proven strategies and measuring results against key metrics, both specific to the organization and benchmarked against industry standards.
- A proven track record in the design, implementation, and execution of successful programming.
- Experience in designing programs specific for outreach with young professionals and in campuses.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resumé to Carla Dal Mina
at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Programs Lead” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until November 29, 2021.
FSWC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We encourage applications from individuals within the employment equity categories. FSWC is committed to equity and diversity, and to a positive, supportive working environment. Please let us know should you require accommodation during any part of this recruitment process.