Beth Avraham Yoseph of Toronto Congregation (BAYT) is a modern orthodox, family synagogue emphasizing the warmth of Torah traditions.
BAYT seeks a full-time Receptionist /Administrative Assistant who will also take initiative, envision, plan and execute programs and events.
- Answering telephone inquiries and directing calls
- Fast paced and customer oriented in assisting congregants and guests
- Supporting role in communications (articles, mailings and materials)
- Material preparation for lifecycle events
- Ordering Office supplies
- Providing Administrative support to clergy and staff as required
Skills / Experience
- Excellent oral communication skills in person and on the telephone
- Experience with MS Office and with Desktop Publishing tools
- Experience in fund raising and/or Jewish educational programming an asset.
- Experience with a Database system preferred
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Process oriented and able to think and act creatively
- Familiarity with Jewish customs and practices
What We Offer
- A chance to work in a fast paced, vibrant synagogue located in the heart of Thornhill.
- Compensation competitive for not-for-profit market
- Health and dental benefits after probation period
To Apply: Please submit your resume in the strictest of confidence to Avital: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2019.