Since 1974, Circle of Care, a non-profit community based agency, has been a recognized leader in the provision of in-home services in the Toronto area. Our employees and volunteers bring compassion and caring to their roles. Whether assisting our clients in the community, or working hard behind the scenes, they are committed to giving each client the best possible experience. At Circle of Care, our mission is to support individual independence and to sustain and enhance quality of life in the community.
Functioning as a member of the Social Work Team, this individual will report directly to the Manager of Client Services, Social Work. The Social Worker is accountable for a seamless service experience that meets the individual needs of the client, family and / or customer, compliance with legislation and College requirements and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization in a clear and concise manner. The Social Worker works closely with client intake, consultation and service delivery staff. The Social Worker must be able to work effectively and advocate for clients with other agencies and government bodies. The Social Worker leads by example, demonstrating professionalism and enthusiasm in all dealings. He/she must demonstrate strong communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Ensure that clients and their families experience a high quality and responsive Social Work service.
- Conduct an initial and ongoing assessment of the client’s needs while on your case load and revise the plan of care for the client as required.
- Provide counseling to the client and initiate coordinate support linkages for the client with internal and community resources.
- Coordinate service requirements and advocate on behalf of the client to ensure the receipt of appropriate and timely services.
- Lead and participate in consultation services and case conferences with service providers to discuss care plans and service needs.
- Co-Facilitation of support groups for clients and/or caregivers
- Prepare and ensure accurate, thorough and timely recording of client information including reports, correspondence, legal forms, and ensure all information is up-to-date and documented
- Actively develop and foster trust-based and collaborative partnerships with external customers from key organizations, such as the LHIN’s.
- Identify and develop opportunities to expand market share in the area of social work and related services.
- Actively participate on Community-based committees / projects and ensure that Circle of Care’s assets, interests and desires are represented and listened to.
- Provide service / process communication to key internal stakeholders, inclusive of expectations, problem solving and troubleshooting support.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and work cohesively in a team environment
- M.S.W or B.S.W., with a healthcare focus, from an accredited institution; or equivalent
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare client service environment
- Strong client and customer focus
- Experience in providing clinical consultation for professional social work staff
- Superior knowledge and understanding of gerontological and mental health issues as well as experience with the seniors' population particularly related to diagnosis of cognitive impairment.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources, health care and social service systems.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CircleOfCare/743999689315771-social-worker-russian-speaking