UJA Federation of Greater Toronto’s Mission is to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish Life in Toronto, Israel, and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and working closely with the other members of the Business & Finance team, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and quarterly financial statements, including variance analysis for Real Estate properties
- Prepare general ledger and bank reconciliations across multiple entities
- Manage monthly tenant reconciliations
- Review work of support staff as needed for data entry and related matters
- Prepare documents for and assist with annual audits
- Assist with yearend tax filing for multiple entities
- Work closely with CFO and other Senior Finance staff members on special projects and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional Accounting Designation
- 7+ years of Accounting experience (including 5 years in a senior role)
- Expertise in preparing financial statements
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to master various software systems
- Experience in Not for Profit sector and MIP software would be considered assets
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to quoting REF# SFBA-FIN-443 no later than January 18, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.