Mission, Vision and Values
Beth Tzedec Congregation inspires and enables our community to live meaningful Jewish lives. A key in achieving this mission is having warm and welcoming spiritual leadership an inclusive staff team of community builders able to design and deliver meaningful and relevant prayer services, life-cycle events and programs that inspire people to connect to Judaism.
Beth Tzedec is seeking a part-time Youth Engagement Associate. This position is for 6 months (January 1 through June 30, 2022) and is estimated at 20 hours per week. Salary range is $20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Objectives include maximizing participation and the ongoing engagement of our youth population. The Youth Engagement Associate must be a skilled relationship-builder, able to market to, engage and connect with children and parents from diverse backgrounds, be dynamic and energetic with a warm personality and have a commitment to Jewish living. The Youth Engagement Associate is expected to communicate effectively and responsibly with parents of youth.
Working closely with professionals and volunteers involved in youth and family programming, the Youth Engagement Associate will report to the Director of Education and Program Development.
The responsibilities of the Youth Engagement Associate will include deepening the connection between the synagogue and its youth by creating new opportunities for engagement as well as the following:
- Developing and delivering weekly Shabbat and Festival programs for youth
- Developing and delivering youth programs (Jr. Kindergarten through Grade 5)
- One to two programs per month for this age cohort
- Developing and delivering programs for young children (ages 0 to 5) and their families
- One program per month for this age cohort
- Weekly Friday morning Shabbat music class
- Working alongside the Director of Education and Program Development to execute family programming
- One to two programs per month
- Working with Director of Education and Program Development and other members of the Spiritual Leadership Team on the ideation of High Holy Day youth programming and Young Families Services.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than December 3, 2021. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.